DJ AM's Death Ruled Accidental Overdose

DJ AM's Death Ruled Accidental Overdose
Following DJ AM's sudden death last month, the medical examiner's office has ruled that the 36-year-old died accidentally from a lethal mix of prescription drugs and cocaine.

According to the Associated Press, the toxicology report released today (September 29) found various substances in DJ AM's system, including cocaine; OxyContin; Hydrocodone or Vicodin; anti-anxiety drugs Xanax and Ativan, Klonopin, which also controls anger; Benadryl; and Levamisole, a drug used to cut cocaine.

The official cause of death was acute intoxication due to the combined effects the drugs, the medical examiner's office said.

As previously reported, DJ AM was found dead in his New York City apartment on August 28. At the time, paramedics were forced to break down the door to gain access to the suite, where a crack pipe and various prescription pill bottles were discovered.

MTV is to air a reality show called So Far Gone featuring AM. The series finished taping just three days before AM's death and involves the musician enlisting the drug-intervention specialist to help drug abusers. So far no firm air date has been set, but the show was premiere in October.