Dave Gahan, Mark Lanegan, Ron Sexsmith Contribute to 'Humanist' Album
The project of Exit Calm guitarist Rob Marshall also features members of Ride, UNKLE and more
Published Jan 13, 2020Guitarist Rob Marshall is making music as Humanist nearly five years on from the breakup of Exit Calm, and he's now revealed the loaded lineup of contributors set to appear on the new project's self-titled album.
Set to arrive through Ignition Records on February 21, Humanist features 15 tracks of "fuzzed-out industrial melody and noise" and was written, played and produced entirely by Marshall.
The guitarist's stable of collaborators includes Mark Lanegan, Depeche Mode's Dave Gahan, Ride's Mark Gardener, Ron Sexsmith, Madman Butterfly, Carl Hancock Rux, the Membranes' John Robb, Joel Cadbury, Ilse Maria and Jim Jones.
Following up previous single "English Ghosts," Marshall has now shared the Gahan-assisted "Shock Collar." It arrives alongside a Derrick Belcham-directed video, which "explores the psychology of a heartbroken and regretful figure and the dual symbol of the halo / shock collar as a guide."
Marshall recently earned co-writing credits on Mark Lanegan Band's 2017 album Gargoyle and last year's Somebody's Knocking.
Humanist is now available for pre-order.
2. Kingdom (ft. Mark Lanegan)
3. Beast of The Nation (ft. Mark Lanegan)
4. Shock Collar (ft. Dave Gahan)
5. Lie Down (ft. Madman Butterfly)
6. Ring Of Truth (ft. Carl Hancock Rux)
7. Skull (ft. Mark Lanegan)
8. English Ghosts (ft. John Robb)
9. In My Arms (ft. Joel Cadbury)
10. When The Lights Go Out (ft. Mark Gardener)
11. Truly Too Late (ft. Ilse Maria)
12. How're You Holding Up (ft. Ron Sexsmith)
13. Mortal Eyes (ft, Carl Hancock Rux and Joel Cadbury)
14. Shoot Kill (ft. Jim Jones)
15. Gospel (ft. Mark Lanegan)