Lamb of God's Randy Blythe Found Not Guilty of Manslaughter

Lamb of God's Randy Blythe Found Not Guilty of Manslaughter
It's been the better part of a year since Lamb of God frontman Randy Blythe was charged with manslaughter in Prague, and now a verdict has finally been passed, with the singer being found not guilty.

Today (March 5) a Czech court acquitted the 42-year-old frontman of charges in the death of concertgoer Daniel Nosek, who hit his head when he crashed onto the floor at a Lamb of God show in Prague in 2010. The 19-year-old fan later died in hospital weeks later due to the head injury sustained.

Judge Tomas Kubovec ruled Blythe's actions during the 2010 concert — where the singer was accused of pushing the fan — were not criminal and blamed the security at the club for the incident.

"We did not find criminal responsibility in the actions of the defendant," Reuters quotes the judge as saying. "We found moral responsibility. There has been the death of a young man who had not been guilty of anything."

State prosecutors were seeking a long-term prison sentence, with Blythe facing up to 10 years in jail. They immediately appealed against the acquittal today, and now the case will be reviewed by the Czech High Court.

This morning, Blythe wrote on Instagram, "I have been found not guilty & acquitted of all charges against me. I am a free man... Please remember the family of Daniel Nosek in your thoughts & prayers in this difficult time. I only wish for them peace. Thank you for your support."

During the trial, Blythe said [via Blabbermouth], "I am very sorry for your loss. Daniel was a fan of my band. I had no wish to harm him. He was just a boy and I wish he was still here. If, ultimately, the Czech legal system sentences me to prison, I will do my sentence like a man. If I am to remain free, I will do my best to insure that conditions at this concert will not occur again with my band and other bands so that the fans will remain safe. I have searched for an answer to this situation. The only one I can find is that it was a tragic, horrible accident."

Watch footage of the trial over at

Blythe was held in Czech jail for five weeks last summer before returning home to await trial.