Röyksopp Announce Final Album 'The Inevitable End'
Published Sep 29, 2014A few weeks ago, electronic duo Röyksopp shared a new version of their Robyn collaboration "Monument." The track was subtitled "The Inevitable End Version," and now we know why — it's set to appear on the band's album of the same name.
As its title may suggest, The Inevitable End is said to be Röyksopp's final album. The group aren't throwing in the towel, but they're finished with the album format.
In a press release, the duo of Svein Berge and Torbjørn Brundtland offered the following statement:
With The Inevitable End we've moved into a darker subject matter, with emphasis on the lyrical content. This candid approach feels very both personal, sincere and conclusive... With this album it became clear we wanted to make an album in a classical sense even if it's the last one we make... We feel like this is a goodbye to the traditional album format. In our consecutive run of albums, we have been able to say what we want to say and do what we want to do with the LP. We're not going to stop making music, but the album format as such, this is the last thing from us.
The duo have also used this announcement as a reason to share some new material. They've shared album opener "Skulls," a slow-burning synth creep-out complete with vocoder vocals, and a video for the aforementioned Robyn rework. Check out both items below.
Röyksopp will issue The Inevitable End on November 11 via Cherrytree/Interscope.
The Inevitable End:
2. Monument (ft. Robyn) (T.I.E. Version)
3. Sordid Affair (ft. Ryan James of Man Without Country)
4. You Know I Have To Go (ft. Jamie McDermott of the Irrepressibles)
5. Save Me (ft. Susanne Sundfør)
6. I Had This Thing (ft. Jamie McDermott of the Irrepressibles)
7. Rong ft. Robyn
8. Here She Comes Again (ft. Jamie McDermott of the Irrepressibles)
9. Running to the Sea (ft. Susanne Sundfør)
10. Compulsion (ft. Jamie McDermott of the Irrepressibles)
11. Coup de Grace
12. Thank You