Arcade Fire, Tegan and Sara, A Tribe Called Red Win Big at Junos
Published Mar 30, 2014Tonight (March 30), Canada's musical elite politely gathered in Winnipeg's MTS Centre to celebrate the Juno Awards. Aside from a last-minute cancellation from Robin Thicke, the event went off as planned. Most importantly, a slew of Canadian Grammys were handed out to musicians from all over the country.
Notable winners included Arcade Fire, who added an Album of the Year Award to their Juno collection. Their Reflektor album previously nabbed the Alternative Album of Year Award at yesterday's non-televised event.
The Montreal collective didn't nab Group of the Year, however, losing the honour to Tegan and Sara. The pop duo also nabbed Single of the Year for their sing-along hit "Closer."
Here some of the other winners that were announced tonight:
● A Tribe Called Red - Breakthrough Group of the Year
● Serena Ryder - Songwriter of the Year
● The Sheepdogs - Video of the Year for "Feeling Good"
● Bruno Mars - International Album of the Year for Unorthodox Jukebox
● Justin Bieber - Juno Fan Choice Award
These awards join yesterday's winners, including notable nabs by Drake and Ryan Hemsworth, among others. Click here to see the entire list of 2014 winners.