Skrillex Ordered to Pay Out $1.6 Million in Injury Lawsuit
The producer was initially sued in 2014
Published Nov 21, 2018A jury has ruled that Skrillex must pay over $1 million in damages following an injury lawsuit, filed against him by a fan back in 2014.
A jury has awarded Jennifer Fraissl $4,525,402 USD in her suit against the DJ, TMZ reports. As previously reported, Fraissl sued Skrillex in 2014, alleging that the artist landed on her after launching himself from a table during a 2012 performance at the Belasco Theater in Los Angeles. The concertgoer claimed that she later suffered a stroke, in addition to her injuries at the time.
In court, Skrillex was found to be responsible for 35 percent of the damages — amounting to $1.6 million — while his touring company Lost Boys will be forced to pay an additional $1.8 million. The jury also found that Fraissl was 15 percent responsible for the incident.
Skrillex told TMZ that while he was disappointed by the jury's decision, there is "nothing more important to me than my fans and their safety at my shows — I want them to have fun and enjoy the music."
Skrillex's lawyer, Barry Thompson, told the site that evidence "included video proof that [Skrillex] never made physical contact with Ms. Fraissl."
"Ms. Fraissl's active international travel schedule since her stroke seems unlikely for someone who suffered the type of mental and physical damages she and her attorney claimed," he told the site, adding that a decision will soon be made concerning an appeal.