DJ Rashad Died of Drug Overdose, Autopsy Confirms
Published Aug 07, 2014Earlier this year, influential Chicago footwork producer DJ Rashad tragically passed away at 34. Though there was some initial confusion over his cause of death, a coroner's report now confirms that the producer born Rashad Hanif Harden died of a drug overdose.
As NBC Chicago reports, medical examiners found traces of heroin, cocaine and alprazolam (Xanax) in his system. It was ruled an accidental death.
An early report from Rashad's cousin indicated that the DJ died from a bloodclot in his leg. This was condradicted by Rashad's mother. At the scene of his death, police found drug paraphernalia, though it was all marijuana-related.
DJ Rashad received a great deal of critical acclaim for his 2013 album Double Cup.