She & Him Share Album Art and Tracklist for 'Classics'
Published Oct 27, 2014Last week, retro-pop cuties She & Him confirmed that their album Classics would be coming out on December 2. Now, Zooey Deschanel and M. Ward have shared the rest of the details surrounding the impending set.
Most importantly, they've announced the 13-song tracklist. As previously reported, this is a covers collection of vintage pop standards, and the album consists of some well-known tunes performed by some very well-known artists.
The tracklist is below. Next to the song titles, see the names of some of the most famous acts who have made them famous (including Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, Willie Nelson, Elvis Costello, Bing Crosby, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong, Carole King, the Byrds and Van Morrison).
With the help of a 20-piece orchestra, the duo recorded the album live, and a press release notes that they were joined by instrumentation including "full brass, strings, piano, bass, guitar, drums and flute."
The newly unveiled album cover is above. At the bottom of the page, hear the recently premiered cover of Dusty Springfield's "Stay Awhile."
The album is available to pre-order on CD or vinyl from She & Him's website. There's also a limited-edition version that comes with a lithograph. Digital copies can be ordered on iTunes. All this is coming out through Columbia Records.
1. Stars Fell on Alabama (Guy Lombardo, Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong)
2. Oh No, Not My Baby (Maxine Brown, Dusty Springfield, Aretha Franklin, Carole King)
3. It's Not for Me to Say (Johnny Mathis)
4. Stay Awhile (Dusty Springfield)
5. This Girl's in Love with You (Herb Alpert)
6. Time After Time (Frank Sinatra, Chet Baker & Shirley Bassey)
7. She (Charles Aznavour, Elvis Costello)
8. Teach Me Tonight (Frank Sinatra, the DeCastro Sisters)
9. It's Always You (Bing Crosby, Benny Goodman, Chet Baker)
10. Unchained Melody (The Righteous Brothers, Elvis Presley, Lee Ann Rimes)
11. I'll Never Be Free (Van Morrison, Willie Nelson, Jean Shepard)
12. Would You Like to Take a Walk (Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong)
13. We'll Meet Again (Vera Lynn, the Byrds)