Dan Deacon Reveals Reissue Campaign
Published Jul 22, 2011Earlier this year, ambitious electronic pop composer Dan Deacon lined up a collaboration with the Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony and revealed plans for a potential EP series. While the latter hasn't surfaced yet, there is plenty of upcoming material to go around, as Deacon has announced plans to reissue his first two albums Meetle Mice and Silly Hat Vs. Eagle Hat.
In a statement, Deacon said, "The music contained on these two albums I wrote while in college (and a few while in high school) when I was just discovering computer music. I wrote them for fun, never planning on doing anything with them at that the time or expecting them to be heard outside of my circle of friends... These albums are like seeds. They sound, look and feel very different from the fruit that they've grown but they are still of the same tree."
While that may be true, these two albums contain some of the best song titles we've read in a while. From "My Own Face Is F Word" and "That's a Nice Shirt (Dad)" to "I'm So Gay With the Boner" and "Shit Slowly Applied on Cock Parts," we could just sit here and read that tracklisting all day.
Carpark will release the Meetle Mice and Silly Hat Vs. Eagle Hat reissues on September 13. They will be available on vinyl and as a limited-edition cassette. Carpark has also made plans to release limited cassettes of Deacon's Spiderman of the Rings and Bromst, as well as a proper vinyl reissue of Spiderman of the Rings later this year.
As if that weren't enough, Deacon will make an appearance at the San Diego Comic-Con tomorrow (July 23) alongside Francis Ford Coppola to discuss Twixt, the upcoming film that Deacon soundtracked. He will also perform selections from the film.
Thanks to Pitchfork for the tip.
1. "BJI Aii Hmhp #14"
2. "Never Do That (Mars)"
3. "Biggle Hat Was Ice Cream Time (Card Shark Nose Nose)"
4. "30 (from 21 through 35)"
5. "Electronics With Clarinet and Bari Sax"
6. "Song for Dina"
7. "My Own Face Is F Word"
8. "Drinking Out of Cups"
10. "The Adventures of Mr Bumbershine"
11. "That's a Nice Shirt (Dad)"
12. "Aerosmith Permanent Vacation 24162-2"
14. "I'm So Gay With the Boner"
15. "Aw Ah Ah Ah (Party Cakes)"
16. "My Weasle Is Married Worm Married"
17. "I Have AIDS"
18. "005 September 22 BE"
Silly Hat Vs. Eagle Hat:
1. "My Name Is Robert"
3. "Sound Events (Live)"
4. "Shit Slowly Applied on Cock Parts"
5. "The House I Was Isn't My Girlfriends Porshe"
6. "Missy Modle x 1000"
8. "I Will Always Have Juice Today"
9. "Glass and Metal"
10. "It's Not as It's Going Downtow"
11. "Junior High Band With Trucks and Dogs"
12. "4400440044040 withDufus and The Beatles"
Dan Deacon "my own face is F word" by Carpark Records
Dan Deacon "Spring" by Carpark Records