Drake Pushes Back Thank Me Later Until March, Sets Sights on Collaborations with Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, Kanye West and Sade
Published Dec 04, 2009We're not even going to pretend we're surprised. After spending much of the year promising his debut, Thank Me Later, would be released in 2009, explosively famous rapper Drake announced that the album had been tentatively pushed back until February 2010. Now he's moved the date again.
Speaking with MTV, Drake said that the album will likely be released in March. While we don't really believe him, he at least made it seem as if he's trying his hardest to get the LP out there.
"It's just pulling everybody together," he explained. "I had a wish list for my managers of everybody I wanted involved that stems beyond hip-hop. I'm trying to pull it all together."
We can forgive him, because the list of collaborators he's wrangling will likely make for an intriguing listen. "I'm really trying to work with Sade," he said. "Lil Wayne will be on it. Young Jeezy, Jay-Z, Kanye will be doing work on it. It's in the family." Drake also hinted that there would be other surprise guests on the album.
If this thing ever comes out, we'll be excited to hear it. However, it's strange that Drake being nominated for two Grammys before even releasing a proper album hasn't hurried things up.