Published Jun 04, 2019Alien hunter Tom DeLonge recently sparked a bunch of rumours that he's reuniting with Blink-182, telling fans "that's the whole plan." According to Mark Hoppus, however, that's not the case at all, with the current Blink leader clarifying there are no discussions about DeLonge rejoining the band.
Hoppus recently appeared on Los Angeles radio station KROQ-FM, which quizzed him about the supposed Blink-182 reunion with DeLonge. When asked if what DeLonge recently said was true about a Blink-182 reunion, Hoppus was rather blunt about the whole thing as he shot down all hopes of the classic Blink lineup getting back together anytime soon.
"There is not any talk of that right now," Hoppus said of the supposed reunion plans. "I mean I'll never say never to anything, but that is a completely unfounded rumour at this point."
As previously reported, this is a far cry from what DeLonge recently told San Diego radio station 91X late last month.
"It hit the press last week I think that yes, everybody, I will play with Blink again," he said at the time. "That's the whole plan. I talk to Travis [Barker] all the time, and I talked to Mark just the other day and we're always discussing what makes sense and when."
So by the looks of things, don't expect DeLonge back in the band anytime soon and especially not for their new album, which is expected out this summer.
Speaking of the as-yet-untitled record, Hoppus told KROQ-FM, "There is not an exact date. It is coming out this summer. I was just on the phone earlier today with Ron Perry, who's the head of our label, and we are figuring out the exact launch date. But we are finalizing mixes right now, we have about half the album mastered, and the announce on when the album will be released will be forthcoming."
For now, you'll have to be content with the band's divisive new single "Blame It on My Youth," or catch Blink-182 out on tour this summer with Lil Wayne.