Le Bataclan Issues First Statement Since Paris Attacks

Le Bataclan Issues First Statement Since Paris Attacks
On Friday (November 13), concert venue Le Bataclan was a primary target during the deadly terrorist attacks in Paris. The rampage took place during an Eagles of Death Metal show, tragically leaving 89 people dead.
 
Now, the venue has offered its first statement since the attack. A translation of the message reads:
 
Dear friends,
 
No words can express the level of sadness we feel.
 
Our thoughts go to the victims, to those injured and to their loved ones.
 
Many of you want to come to the Bataclan, but unfortunately the authorities still need to work on site. We will keep you informed as soon as it's possible for you to come and mourn in front of the concert hall.
 
Thank you for your support, which deeply affects us.
 
Michael Dorio, the brother of Eagles of Death Metal drummer Julian Dorio, previously shared the group's account of the horrifying events with WSB TV. "He said they were playing, about six songs into the show, they heard, before they saw anything, they heard automatic machine gunfire," he said. "It was so loud, it was louder than the band, and they hit the stage floor. As they got up to try to evacuate they saw men with machine guns just shooting anything and everything in the venue. Fifteen hundred people, Julian said, was about the capacity of the venue. I don't know if it was seated or standing but Julian, the lead singer and some of the crew, there was a door back of the stage that led to a street and they flew out the back door."
 
Victims from the carnage have since begun to be identified, with members of the music industry like merch booth staffer Nick Alexander, music journalist Guillame B. Decherf and Mercury Records employee Thomas Ayed among those killed.
 
In the aftermath of the attacks, high-profile Paris performances by artists like U2, Coldplay, Motörhead and Foo Fighters have been cancelled. Also, Red Bull Music Academy has announced it will be postponing all public shows in Paris until at least November 19. Red Bull events were set to feature the likes of Jean Michel Jarre, Nozinja and more.

Meanwhile, Live Nation has vowed to increase security at its venues following the attacks.

"The safety and security of our shows, fans and venues continues to be our highest priority," the company said in a statement. "Due to the recent events in Paris and in an abundance of caution we have implemented heightened security procedures globally. However, because of the sensitive nature of these protocols, we cannot elaborate further on the specific details."