Published Oct 06, 2011It's only been eight months since Games changed their name to Ford & Lopatin, but the '80s-loving electro duo have already released the full-length album Channel Pressure and are now gearing up for a spinoff remix EP, functionally titled Channel Pressure Remixes.
The collection is made up of eight tracks, all taken from this year's Channel Pressure and reworked by some notable producers.
"Emergency Room" appears twice, one remixed by DFA Records' Gavin Russom and the other by the Bug. Alan Braxe chips in with two different takes on "Too Much MIDI (Please Forgive Me)," while JD Twitch of Optimo takes on "Joey Rogers." The EP also includes "I Surrender" as interpreted by Peaking Lights.
For a preview of what's in store, listen to one of Alan Braxe's "Too Much MIDI (Please Forgive Me)" remixes below.
Channel Pressure Remixes is slated to come out on October 18 via Mexican Summer imprint Software.
Channel Pressure Remixes:
1. "Emergency Room" (Gavin Russom Remix)
2. "Joey Rogers" (A JD Twitch Optimo Mix)
3. "Too Much MIDI" (Please Forgive Me) (Alan Braxe Remix)
4. "Emergency Room Dub" (Produced by The Bug)
5. "The Voices" (Brassica Remix)
6. "Too Much MIDI" (Please Forgive Me) (Alan Braxe Bonus Remix)
7. "I Surrender" (Peaking Lights Bass Ship Remix)
8. "World of Regret" (Legowelt Remix)
Ford & Lopatin -Too Much Midi (Please Forgive Me) (Alan Braxe Remix) by ALAN BRAXE