Diddy Cleared of Felony Charges Following Kettlebell Attack

Diddy Cleared of Felony Charges Following Kettlebell Attack
Last month, rap mogul Sean "Diddy" Combs was arrested on felony charges of assault with a deadly weapon after allegedly attacking his son's football coach with a kettlebell weight. Now, according to Los Angeles city officials, the Bad Boy mastermind has been cleared of felony charges.
 
The city attorney's office is currently reviewing the case to determine whether Combs will face a misdemeanour charge instead.
 
"We are thankful that the district attorney rejected felony charges in this matter," said Combs's attorney in a statement to CNN. "This case never should have been part of the criminal justice system to begin with."
 
The original incident took place on June 22 at UCLA where Combs was watching his son Justin's football practice. As reported by TMZ, Combs grew fed up with assistant coach Sal Alosi for "riding Justin, screaming intensely at him," going into Alosi's office following the practice and attacking him with the weight.
 
No serious injuries were sustained, though Diddy was arrested on a felony charge of assault with a deadly weapon.
 
At the time of arrest, UCLA's head coach Jim Mora called the situation an "unfortunate incident for all parties involved," and said that the institution "will let the legal process run its course."