Willie Nelson Gets Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn, Emmylou Harris, Mavis Stapes for Duets Album
Published Aug 02, 2013Willie Nelson recently celebrated his 80th birthday, but the country senior is still quite the ladies man — at least insofar as it pertains to recruiting female duet partners. Due out September 24 through Legacy Recordings, his new album To All the Girls… features him singing with an assortment of famed songstresses.
The bulk of Nelson's duet partners come from the country music world, including Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn, Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert, Rosanne Cash, Alison Krauss, Emmylou Harris, Brandi Carlile, Wynonna Judd and Willie's daughter Paula Nelson. There are also a few non-country artists like jazzy singer Norah Jones, roots-pop radio star Sheryl Crow and soul powerhouse Mavis Stapes.
The 18 tracks were mostly laid down in Nashville. They include some new renditions of songs that Willie himself has previously played, including "After the Fire Is Gone" and "Always on My Mind" (which Willie himself has previously performed).
Scroll past the tracklist to hear the Dolly Parton-featuring opener "From Here to the Moon and Back" [via Rolling Stone], which was originally written by Parton for her 2012 film Joyful Noise. Also below is Willie's cover of Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Have You Ever Seen the Rain" with Paula Nelson; this comes from her 2010 album Little City, and we're guessing that it's the same version that appears here.
To All the Girls...:
1. From Here to the Moon and Back (ft. Dolly Parton)
2. She Was No Good For Me (ft. Miranda Lambert)
3. It Won't Be Very Long (ft. Secret Sisters)
4. Please Don't Tell Me (ft. Rosanne Cash)
5. Far Away Places (ft. Sheryl Crow)
6. Bloody Mary Morning (ft. Wynonna Judd)
7. Always on My Mind (ft. Carrie Underwood)
8. Somewhere Between (ft. Loretta Lynn)
9. No Mas Amor (ft. Alison Krauss)
10. Back on Earth (ft. Melonie Cannon)
11. Grandma's Hands (ft. Mavis Staples)
12. Walkin' (ft. Norah Jones)
13. Til the End of the World (ft. Shelby Lynne)
14. Will You Remember Mine (ft. Lily Meola)
15. Dry Lightning (ft. Emmylou Harris)
16. Making Believe (ft. Brandi Carlile)
17. Have You Ever Seen the Rain (ft. Paula Nelson)
18. After the Fire Is Gone (ft. Tina Rose)