'The Revenant' Finally Gets Soundtrack Release
Published Mar 11, 2013The Revenant is a horror film that first premiered way back in 2009 at Toronto's After Dark festival, and now it's set to get its very own soundtrack thanks to Seattle's Tsurumi Records. The Revenant Motion Picture Soundtrack will arrive this spring, with shipping scheduled to begin in late April.
The 11 songs feature a diverse range of punk- and rock-oriented indie acts like the Beautiful Mothers and the Second Academy, international artists such as Aqualush and La Mala Rodriguez, and classical music, in addition to quotes from the film. It's available on CD or as a limited edition of 500 vinyl picture discs. The characters Bart and Joey each appear on one side of the vinyl, which also comes with a zip file of MP3s, a poster and liner notes.
Tsurumi owner Jeff Davis and Revenant writer/director Kerry Prior grew up together as punk fans in Cleveland, OH. "It's a movie that wears it's punk ethic on its sleeve," Prior said in a statement. "Perhaps this is why the movie had such a hard time finding mainstream distribution."
Davis added, "I've always been inspired by really good soundtracks, like Pulp Fiction's for example. I was equally inspired to do this with Kerry because we share a similar aesthetic when it comes to art and and a similar ethos on how to make it."
The film is about a fallen soldier who becomes a zombie-vampire hybrid called the Revenant who needs blood to survive.
Watch a trailer below and order the soundtrack here.
The Revenant Motion Picture Soundtrack:
1. Johann Strauss Jr - "Roses From The South OP338"
2. The Beautiful Mothers - "Cornell West"
3. The Second Academy- "Little Sister"
4. Pergolesi Giovanni Battista - "Fac Ut Portem Christi Mortem"
5. The Shaggies - "Joshy's Got A Dog"
6. Wendell Hobbs - "Bart's Sunset"
1. La Mala Rodriguez - "Tengo Un Trato"
2. Aqualash - "They Say Surrender"
3. Johann Strauss - "Radeztky March OP 228"
4. The Second Academy - "Posthumous Lullaby"
5. The Shaggies - "Find You Waiting"