Obituary Return with 'Ten Thousand Ways to Die' Collection, Share New Track
Published Aug 24, 2016Seasoned death metal slashers Obituary are set to follow up 2014's monstrous Inked in Blood with a collection combining two new studio tracks with a clutch of concert recordings. Titled Ten Thousand Ways to Die, it sees release October 21 through Relapse Records.
A press release explains that the package is being presented as a two-song single that also includes a bonus set of "classics and fan favourites," as recorded in concert. The latter portion was captured across 11 different stops on the band's 2015 world tour, including a performance of "Find the Arise" at Toronto's Opera House. The concert recordings' vintage runs from from "Slowly We Rot" off Obituary's 1989 debut full-length of the same name up to Inked in Blood's "Centuries of Lies."
You'll find the full tracklisting down below, where you can also stream new throat-stomping studio tune, "Loathe." As you'll notice, the other new studio-recorded offering is the collection's title track.
While Ten Thousand Ways to Die includes two new songs from Obituary, the long-running act have more metal in store for fans. This upcoming release is intended to "quench the bloodthirst of listeners until the band's new album drops in spring 2017."
In related news, Obituary also revealed their next run of European tour dates, which can be found here.
Ten Thousand Ways to Die:
2. Ten Thousand Ways To Die
3. Redneck Stomp (Live - The Mayan - Los Angeles)
4. Centuries Of Lies (Live - The Masquerade - Atlanta)
5. Visions In My Head (Live - Baltimore Soundstage - Baltimore)
6. Intoxicated (Live - Revolution Center - Boise)
7. Bloodsoaked (Live - Irving Plaza - New York)
8. Dying (Live - Metro - Chicago)
9. Find The Arise (Live - Opera House - Toronto)
10. Til Death (Live - House Of Blues - San Diego)
11. Don't Care (Live - Club Red - Phoenix)
12. Chopped In Half-Turned Inside Out (Live - The Ritz Ybor - Tampa)
13. Slowly We Rot (Live - Revolution Live - Fort Lauderdale)