Arcade Fire, Drake, Ryan Hemsworth Take Home Early Junos
Published Mar 29, 2014While the 2014 Juno Awards don't officially take place until tomorrow (March 30) at the MTS Centre in Winnipeg, many of the winners were announced tonight at a non-televised gala event.
Among the notable winners this year, we already have Arcade Fire, who took home Alternative Album of Year for their album Reflektor, and Drake, who won Rap Recording of the Year for Nothing Was the Same. Ryan Hemsworth also scored Electronic Album of the Year for Guilt Trips.
Other early winners named at Winnipeg's RBC Convention Centre include:
● Esmerine - Instrumental Album of the Year for Dalmak
● JRDN ft. Kardinal Offishall- R&B/Soul Recording of the Year for "Can't Choose"
● Brett Kissel - Breakthrough Artist of the Year for BAK2BAK
● Matt Mays - Rock Album of the Year for Coyote
● Protest the Hero- Metal/Hard Music Album of the Year for Volition
● Justin Rutledge - Roots & Traditional Album of the Year: Solo for Valleyheart
● Serena Ryder- Artist of the Year for Serenader
● Ron Sexsmith - Adult Alternative Album of the Year for Forever Endeavor
● The Strumbellas - Roots & Traditional Album of the Year: Group for We Still Move on Dance Floors
● Tegan and Sara - Pop Album of the Year for Heartthrob
You can see the complete list of early Juno winners here. And stay tuned for more winners to be announced tomorrow night at the main ceremony, which begins at 9 p.m. EST on CTV.