Man Dies After Getting Head Stuck in Movie Theatre Chair
The Birmingham man suffered a heart attack after trying to retrieve his phone during a movie
Published Mar 21, 2018In what may be the gravest possible reminder that you should keep all electronic devices in your pocket during a movie, a British man has died after his head got stuck in a seat while he was trying to retrieve his phone at a cinema.
The man, whose name has not been released, suffered a heart attack on March 9. His head became trapped in a seat while he was trying to retrieve his phone after dropping it at a movie. Witnesses say he panicked and had trouble breathing, thus prompting the heart attack.
The man died in a hospital approximately one week after the incident.
According to the Associated Press, British theatre chain Vue Entertainment is investigating the incident. You'll find a tweet from the incident below.
Emergency services at Vue Cinema Star city - appears to have been "freak accident", cinema management not giving any further details - fire crew just left with cutting gear, police and ambulance crew on scene now. pic.twitter.com/3s2jrCUhlr— tony adams (@tonyadams_press) March 9, 2018