Published Mar 27, 2014After first teasing an upcoming reissue of the Creepshow soundtrack over Instagram, reissue pros Waxwork Records have unfurled all the ooky details behind their vinyl edition.
While an official due date has yet to be locked down, pre-orders for the record go up on April 1. As previously reported, the George A. Romero-directed horror anthology, which was written by macabre master Stephen King, featured a score from John Harrison. According to a press release, the master tapes were recently found in an attic at Jeree Recording Studios in New Brighton, PA, and have been given a makeover for the reissue, remixed and remastered specifically for vinyl.
The soundtrack features 34 scarifying cues and incidentals, and will be served up on a variety of different colour combinations, with each version referencing one of the tales contained within Creepshow. The "Father's Day" variation is served up on "cake icing vinyl with blood clot splatter"; "Something to Tide You Over" is on "transparent ocean blue vinyl"; "The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verill" is delivered on transparent "meteor shit" green vinyl; "The Crate" is offered up on "fluffy fur gray vinyl with blood clot splatter"; and "They're Creeping Up On You!" is wretchedly represented with a "cockroach brown" colour variation.
Creepshow comes housed in a gatefold jacket featuring artwork from Ghoulish Gary Pullin, and contains essays from Romero and Harrison, a booklet built into the record sleeve that features production stills and artwork, and a 12x12 print of the Creeper. You can get a glimpse of the inside booklet below, while the cover art is above.
This is the second Waxwork soundtrack saluting Harrison and Romero, following the label's 2013 reissue of the Day of the Dead score.
2. The Creepshow Welcomes You
3. Henry Is Told The Family Secrets
4. She Bashed His Head In
5. Bedelia Arrives
6. Where's My Cake? I Want My Cake
7. Nate Comes Out Of The Grave
8. Henry Goes Looking
9. Henry Meets Nate; Henry Gets Crushed
10. I Got My Cake
11. Sylvia On A Platter – A Meteor Arrives
12. Jordy Discovers His Meteor
13. Jordy Hallucinates And Takes A Bath
14. From The Farm To The Beach
15. Get In The Hole Harry
16. If You Can Hold Your Breath
17. Richard Watches Them Drown
18. From The Beach To The College
19. Mike Discovers The Crate
20. Dex And Mike Move The Crate
21. Dex And Mike Open The Crate
22. Mike Meets Fluffy
23. Henry Leaves Wilma A Note
24. Wilma Looks Under The Stairs
25. Wake Up! Wake Up!
26. Fluffy Eats Wilma
27. Henry Dumps Fluffy
28. What Are Friends For?
30. Bugs Start Creeping Up On Pratt
32. The End Of Pratt
33. Garbage Men Find Billy's Comic Book
34. Until Next Time