Published Jan 15, 2010Last we checked in on Ulrich Schnauss, he was being roped into some $1 million plagiarism lawsuit against Guns N' Roses last fall. And while we haven't heard much more about that whole debacle, the shoegaze-loving German producer has dropped word he's preparing a new record.
Titled Missing Deadlines, the album is due out March 15 in the UK on Rocket Girl Records. However, it's not a studio album, but rather a compilation of some of Schnauss's favourite remixes that he's done over the years. Included on the compilation are Schnauss redoes of tracks by such artists as Mojave 3, Asobi Seksu, A Sunny Day in Glasgow, Mark Gardener, Rachel Goswell, Mahogany and Howling Bells.
Shnauss has commented on his attachment to the project: "Essentially what makes me really happy about this album is the fact that it's a selection of the - in my opinion - best mixes from a musical point of view, rather than a compilation of the commercially most successful ones, or the tracks that have the biggest names associated with them. In all cases, the original songs are already great in their own right, which made it really inspiring to work with them."
So far there is no word if Missing Deadlines will get a domestic North American release.
1. Howling Bells: "Setting Sun"
2. A Sunny Day in Glasgow: "Ghost in the Graveyard"
3. Katharina Franck: "Faithful Friend"
4. Madrid: "Out To Sea"
5. Asobi Seksu: "Strawberries"
6. Dragons: "Remembrance"
7. Aus: "Halo"
8. Mahogany: "Supervitesse"
9. Lunz (Roedelius & Tim Story): "Lunz"
10. Rachel Goswell: "Coastline"
11. High Violets: "Chinese Letter"
12. Mark Gardener: "Story of the Eye"
13. I'm Not a Gun: "Make Sense and Loose"
14. Mojave 3: "Bluebird of Happiness"