Tyler, the Creator Names New Album 'Wolf,' Promises Lyrics "About Money and Buying Shit"

Tyler, the Creator Names New Album 'Wolf,' Promises Lyrics "About Money and Buying Shit"
So far in 2011, much-buzzed rap crew Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All have incited a blitz of controversy thanks to their foul-mouthed lyrics and rowdy shenanigans. Now group leader Tyler, the Creator has now set his sights on a new solo album called Wolf, which he promises will contain less references to misogynistic violence when it arrives in May 2012.

Speaking with Spin, he said, "Talking about rape and cutting bodies up... just doesn't interest me anymore."

So what will the songs on Wolf be about if they're not about violence?

"What interests me is making weird hippie music for people to get high to," he explained. "With Wolf, I'll brag a little bit more, talk about money and buying shit. But not like any other rapper, I'll be a smart-ass about it."

Even though he's moving on to new subject matter, Tyler still stands behind the material that earned him so much scorn from women's rights groups, GLAAD and Tegan and Sara.

Speaking about the track "Bitch Suck Dick" from his 2011 solo album Goblin, he said, "I think making a song about punching a bitch in the face is funny, because if you're a regular person, just hearing that is fucking crazy, and 90 percent of the people know I'm just fucking around." Okay, sure, but what about the other 10 percent?

Not only will Tyler be rapping about new topics, he'll also be venturing into new stylistic terrain. He cited the jazz-tinged psych band the Stepkids as an influence and revealed, "My new album is gonna sound like this. I wanna make the music I actually get all my influence from. I don't know how, but I'm gonna try shit like this out. I'm gonna make a band or something."

Expect more details about Wolf to emerge in the coming months.