Published May 23, 2013Andrew Sisk used to record with his project Share before switching to his own name for last year's Treelines. Now, some of his music biz peers have paid tribute to his former band with a compilation album. We Have the Same Lights Overhead: A Tribute to Share is available now through Acadian Embassy.
Among the artists included here are Michael Feuerstack (aka Snailhouse), Jenn Grant, the Two-Minute Miracles, A.A. Wallace, Jon McKiel, Daniel Ledwell (of In-Flight Safety) and Quiet Parade.
"Andrew Sisk has had such a profound influence on our lives both as a musician and as a friend," Acadian Embassy co-founder Josh Pothier said in a statement. "We wanted to celebrate his truly unique, interesting and thoughtful songs."
Jenn Grant added, "His music, creativity and friendship have provided me with much needed hope and love for this world. I think this project is a small window to show Andrew how we feel about what he contributes to our very special musical community in Canada."
In addition to songs from Sisk's back catalogue, the album includes a cover of an unrecorded and unreleased Share song called "Won't Be Long." It's performed by a band credited as Subtle Ways, which features Grant, Ledwell and members of Quiet Parade, the Prospector's Union and Dance Movie.
The album is available below as a pay-what-you-want download over here on Bandcamp.
We Have the Same Lights Overhead: A Tribute to Share:
1. Subtle Ways - "Won't Be Long"
2. The Two-Minute Miracles - "Silhouette"
3. Mary Cobham - "Foreign Church"
4. Kuato feat. Rachel Sunter - "The Yard"
5. Jon McKiel - "Too Shy To Blush"
6. Daniel Ledwell - "We Have The Same Lights Overhead"
7. Quiet Parade - "Empathy For The Devil"
8. Michael Feuerstack and Binoculers - "Maybe, Always"
9. Jenn Grant - "Subject To Change"
10. Rain Over St. Ambrose - "The Great Before"
11. The Prospector's Union - "Soil"
12. AA Wallace - "Ambulance"
13. Gianna Lauren - "Awake At Dawn"