Published Aug 27, 2012Earlier this summer, we learned that on top of directing and co-writing the upcoming kung fu flick The Man With Iron Fists, Wu-Tang Clan mainstay RZA would also deliver the movie soundtrack. The rap figure has now given us details on the release, which drops October 23 via Soul Temple/STAX /RED Music.
As previously reported, the soundtrack features work from Kanye West, the Wu-Tang Clan and Wiz Khalifa, among others. We now also know that Talib Kweli, Pusha T, Corrine Bailey Rae, '70s act 24 Carat Black and Raekwon are joining the party.
Furthermore, bluesmen the Black Keys team up with RZA for soundtrack opener "The Baddest Man Alive," while stream-of-consciousness-spitting Wu affiliate Ghostface Killah collaborates with M.O.P. and Pharoahe Monch for "Black Out."
The first taste of the score comes courtesy of Method Man, Freddie Gibbs and StreetLife, whose funk-driven "Built for This" can be streamed below.
According to RZA, iconic soul imprint STAX helped out enormously, offering some funky samples to assist the proceedings.
"They gave me about 10 of their famous STAX cues, songs from William Bell, from Isaac Hayes, from Mable John," he said in a statement. "So you're going to have a great time listening to this movie as a soundtrack."
As for the film itself, it will hit screens November 2.
The Man With Iron Fists Soundtrack:
1. The Black Keys / RZA "The Baddest Man Alive"
2. Ghostface Killah / M.O.P / Pharoahe Monch "Black Out"
3. Kanye West "White Dress"
4. The Revelations ft. Tre Williams "I Forgot To Be Your Lover"
5. Talib Kweli / RES "Get Your Way (Sex as a Weapon)"
6. Raekwon / Ghostface Killah / Kool G. Rap "Rivers of Blood"
7. Method Man / Freddie Gibbs / StreetLife "Built for This"
8. 24 Carat Black "Poverty's Paradise"
9. Killa Sin "The Archer"
10. RZA / Flatbush Zombies "Just Blowin' In The Wind"
12. Corrine Bailey Rae "Chains"
13. Pusha T / Raekwon "Tick Tock"
14. Frances Yip "Green is the Mountain"
15. The Wu-Tang Clan "Six Directions of Boxing"
16. Mabel John "Your Good Thing Is About To End"