Published May 20, 2010Okay, so the Roots have kept us a little up in the air lately, confirming this and then changing that. But things seem to have settled, and the hip-hop collective have now confirmed a tracklist for the forthcoming How I Got Over and indicated that they are working with members of the Dirty Projectors on its finishing touches.
As Pitchfork points out, Roots drummer Questlove announced via his Twitter account earlier today (May 20) that he was "Workin on 2 interludes at the same time w/ the ladies of the Dirty Projectors," which was accompanied both by a video of them in the studio and a photo captioned "My 3 favorite genius sirens: angel deradoorian amber coffman & haley dekele of the dirty projectors doing the intro of the best 11th album ever."
That "best 11th album ever" (unless Goat's Head Soup has anything to say about that) now has a tracklist, as well. Previously announced guests such as Jim James and Joanna Newsom are present, as expected, as are John Legend, with whom the Roots are recording an Arcade Fire-inspired covers album, rappers Blu, Phonte, and Sugar Tongue Slim, and the usual array of Philly natives.
How I Got Over is due June 22 from Def Jam.
How I Got Over:
1. "Walk Alone" (ft. Truck North, P.O.R.N., Dice Raw, Mercedes Martinez)
2. "Dear God 2.0" (ft. Jim James, Monsters of Folk)
3. "Radio Daze" (ft. Blu, P.O.R.N., Dice Raw, Mercedes Martinez)
4. "Now Or Never" (ft. Phonte Coleman, Dice Raw)
5. "How I Got Over" (ft. Dice Raw)
6. "The Day" (ft. Blu, Phonte Coleman, Patty Crash)
7. "Right On" (ft. Joanna Newsom, Sugar Tongue Slim)
8. "Doin' It Again" (ft. John Legend)
9. "The Fire" (ft. John Legend, Rick Friedrich)
10. "Web 20/20" (ft. Truck North, Peedi Crakk)
11. "Bonus Cut"
And yes, those are the Roots rocking "Stillness Is the Move" with the Dirty Projectors in below.