Published Sep 23, 2010Way back in February, we reported that Ray Davies was hard at work on a collection of re-recorded Kinks songs with celebrity guests. In its preliminary stages, Davies confirmed that Bruce Springsteen had recorded a new version of "Better Things" with him, while Jon Bon Jovi had teamed up with Davies on "Celluloid Heroes." A whole lot of other Kinks news took place after that, but this project stayed relatively quiet. Now, all the release info for the project has been revealed.
The album is called See My Friends, and based on the tracklisting below, it contains some pretty interesting collaborations. Previously hinted collaborators Metallica and Lucinda Williams are confirmed on the record, alongside Mumford & Sons, Jackson Browne, Alex Chilton, Spoon, Black Francis, Gary Lightbody and Billy Corgan, among others.
See My Friends will be released on November 1 in the UK via Universal UK. A North American release date has not yet been announced. More information on the record can be found here, while brief snippets of each track are available at this link.
See My Friends:
1. Bruce Springsteen "Better Things"
2. Jon Bon Jovi & Richie Sambora "Celluloid Heroes"
3. Mumford & Sons "Days/This Time Tomorrow"
4. Lucinda Williams & The 88 "Long Way From Home
5. Metallica "You Really Got Me"
6. Paloma Faith "Lola"
7. Jackson Browne "Waterloo Sunset"
8. Alex Chilton & The 88 "'Til the End of the Day"
9. Amy Macdonald "Dead End Street"
10. Spoon "See My Friends"
11. Black Francis "This Is Where I Belong"
12. The 88 "David Watts"
13. Gary Lightbody "Tired of Waiting"
14. Billy Corgan "All Day and All of the Night/Destroyer"