Published Jan 22, 2013Yesterday, the Postal Service confirmed plans to reunite for a tour and a 10th anniversary edition of their beloved 2003 album, Give Up. Now, the electronic pop duo of Ben Gibbard (of Death Cab for Cutie) and Jimmy Tamborello (a.k.a. Dntel) have revealed the details of this remastered reissue. Give Up's Deluxe 10th Anniversary Edition will be out on April 9 via Sub Pop.
The original 10-song tracklist will be augmented with 15 bonus tracks, which are spread across two CDs or three LPs. The limited "Loser edition" of the album will be pressed on coloured vinyl.
Two of the bonus cuts — "Turn Around" and "A Tattered Line of String" — are brand new tunes. Also included are all of the band's officially released tracks (including B-sides and remixes), a previously unreleased live recording, and cover versions performed by the Shins and Iron and Wine. See the tracklist below.
The Postal Service plan to tour behind the reissue. The dates have not yet been announced, but the pair have been confirmed for Coachella. Check back to their website for announcements as they arrive.
Give Up was certified platinum last year, making it Sub Pop's second most commercially successful album (after Nirvana's Bleach).
Give Up Deluxe 10th Anniversary Edition:
1. The District Sleeps Alone Tonight
2. Such Great Heights
3. Sleeping In
4. Nothing Better
5. Recycled Air
6. Clark Gable
7. We Will Become Silhouettes
8. This Place Is a Prison
9. Brand New Colony
10. Natural Anthem
1. Turn Around
2. A Tattered Line of String
3. Be Still My Heart
4. There's Never Enough Time
5. Suddenly Everything Has Changed
6. Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now)
7. Grow Old with Me
8. Such Great Heights (John Tejada Remix)
9. The District Sleeps Alone Tonight (DJ Downfall Persistent Beat Mix)
10. Be Still My Heart (Nobody Remix)
11. We Will Become Silhouettes (Matthew Dear Remix)
12. Nothing Better (Styrofoam Remix)
13. Recycled Air (Live on KEXP)
14. We Will Become Silhouettes (performed by the Shins)
15. Such Great Heights (performed by Iron and Wine)