Published Sep 16, 2010Paul McCartney's post-Beatles output is hit-or-miss, and his '70s work with Wings is no exception. While not everything the band released was a home run, they hit their peak with 1973's Band on the Run. A number one smash, it earned a Grammy and spawned the hits "Jet" and "Band on the Run." On November 2, the LP will be receiving the reissue treatment via MPL and Concord Music Group.
The album was remastered at Abbey Road Studios and was overseen by Sir Paul himself. The results will be released in a variety of formats: as well as a standard single CD, fans will have the option of buying a three disc special edition. This includes a second CD with nine bonus tracks along with a DVD featuring footage of the recording sessions and the album cover shoot, plus promotional clips and the One Hand Clapping TV special. A deluxe edition will add an audio documentary and a 120-page hardcover book.
For vinyl lovers, Band on the Run will be available on double 180-gram LP, with the remastered album plus all of the bonus tracks.
See the tracklist below. This is the first of a planned series of Paul McCartney reissues, which will cover his solo work as well as his Wings catalogue. Here's hoping for Ram next.
Band on the Run deluxe edition:
1. "Band on the Run"
4. "Mrs Vandebilt"
5. "Let Me Roll It"
7. "No Words"
8. "Picasso's Last Words (Drink to Me)"
9. "Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five"
1. "Helen Wheels"
2. "Country Dreamer"
3. "Bluebird" (from One Hand Clapping)
4. "Jet" (from One Hand Clapping)
5. "Let Me Roll It" (from One Hand Clapping)
6. "Band on the Run" (from One Hand Clapping)
7. "Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five" (from One Hand Clapping)
8. "Country Dreamer" (from One Hand Clapping)
9. "Zoo Gang"
1. Audio Documentary
1. "Band on the Run" music video
2. "Mamunia Music" music video
3. Album promo
4. "Helen Wheels" music video
5. Wings In Lagos
6. Osterley Park
7. One Hand Clapping