Published Sep 09, 2008Oasis have been forced to postpone their concert tonight (September 9) in London, ON, after Noel Gallagher was the victim of an onstage attack. The band will now hold the show December 15, a statement on Oasiss website says. Tickets for tonights show will be honoured at the makeup date. Refunds for those unable to attend the new date are available at point of purchase.
The bands statement explains: "Noel fell heavily onto his monitor speakers when he was pushed suddenly from behind by his attacker and suffered bruising to his ribs and hip. He was examined in a local hospital after the band's performance and has been advised to rest. Unfortunately, despite resting up yesterday, the extent of his injuries mean he will not be able to perform tonight.
As previously reported, the stage invasion incident took place Sunday night at Torontos Virgin Festival. The accused attacker is Daniel Sullivan of Pickering, ON, who was arrested and charged with assault. Sullivan spent Sunday night in police custody and has since been released. He is due to appear in court again on October 24. In the meantime, he has been told he is not allowed to go near Oasis, the Associated Press reported.
Oasis fans have responded to the attack by issuing "wanted: dead or alive calls on Sullivan, and have even gone as far as posting his home address, phone number and a map of where he lives on various fan forums.
Sullivan is 47 years old an age that, in our opinion, seems a bit old for such shenanigans. Shouldnt he be worrying about adult things like a mortgage instead of attacking rock stars?