Published Aug 19, 2010While you probably associated her with the Grammys, Starbucks or the only CD in your parents' SUV, jazzy singer-songwriter Norah Jones is a bit cooler than you might think. Throughout her career, the adult-contempo star has collaborated with a wide variety of artists that you actually care about. This fall, a compilation of that work will be released.
The disc is simply called ...Featuring, and includes Jones performing with guests like the Foo Fighters, Willie Nelson, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Outkast, Q-Tip, Talib Kweli, Belle and Sebastian, Ray Charles, Ryan Adams, Dolly Parton, Herbie Hancock, M. Ward and a few others.
In a statement, Jones said, "It's so exciting and flattering and fun when I get asked to sing with somebody that I admire...It takes you a little bit out of your comfort zone when you're doing something with another artist. You don't know what to expect-it's kind of like being a little kid and having a playdate."
The 18-track disc will be released by Blue Note Records on November 2.
1. "Love Me" (ft. the Little Willies)
2. "Virginia Moon" (ft. the Foo Fighters)
3. "Turn Them" (ft. Sean Bones)
4. "Baby It's Cold Outside" (ft. Willie Nelson)
5. "Bull Rider" (ft. Sasha Dobson)
6. "Ruler Of My Heart" (ft. Dirty Dozen Brass Band)
7. "The Best Part" (ft. El Madmo)
8. "Take Off Your Cool" (ft. Outkast)
9. "Life Is Better" (ft. Q-Tip)
10. "Soon The New Day" (ft. Talib Kweli)
11. "Little Lou, Prophet Jack, Ugly John" (ft. Belle and Sebastian)
12. "Here We Go Again" (ft. Ray Charles)
13. "Loretta" (ft. Gillian Welch and David Rawlings)
14. "Dear John" (ft. Ryan Adams)
15. "Creepin' In" (ft. Dolly Parton)
16. "Court & Spark" (ft. Herbie Hancock)
17. "More Than This" (ft. Charlie Hunter)
18. "Blue Bayou" (ft. M. Ward)