Published Apr 18, 2014Record Store Day isn't until tomorrow (April 19), but Neil Young and Third Man Records have given fans a treat a day early by releasing the previously promised covers album A Letter Home.
The album is available to purchase on vinyl over at Third Man's online store. The tracklist is down below and the album cover is above. Most of the covers are of songs by well known artists, including Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, the Everly Brothers and Bert Jansch; there are two apiece by Gordon Lightfoot and Willie Nelson.
As previously confirmed, A Letter Home was recorded in Third Man's lo-fi Voice-o-Graph booth. Jack White apparently appears on a couple of tunes. A credit on the sleeve reads, "Reproduced by Jack White and Neil Young."
A quote in the product description, credited to someone named "Homer Grosvenor," is as follows: "An unheard collection of rediscovered songs from the past recorded on ancient electro mechanical technology captures and unleashes the essence of something that could have been gone forever..."
It's available to buy right here.
A Letter Home:
1. A Letter Home Intro
2. Changes (Phil Ochs)
3. Girl from the North Country (Bob Dylan)
4. Needle of Death (Bert Jansch)
5. Early Morning Rain (Gordon Lightfoot)
6. Crazy (Willie Nelson)
7. Reason to Believe (Tim Hardin)
8. On the Road Again (Willie Nelson)
9. If You Could Read My Mind (Gordon Lightfoot)
10. Since I Met You Baby (Ivory Joe Hunter)
11. My Hometown (Bruce Springsteen)
12. I Wonder If I Care as Much (The Everly Brothers)