Published Jun 16, 2015Movie music maniacs Mondo have revealed that their next release will be a sampler celebrating the many symphonic sounds heard throughout Italian gore master Lucio Fulci's filmography. Tomorrow (June 17) marks the first vinyl release of Lucio Fulci's Horror & Thriller.
Mondo officially revealed plans for the double-LP release today, explaining that it is a vinyl repress of Italian imprint Beat Records' 1993 collection of the same name.
The compendium includes the work of various composers that had worked with the revered horror movie director over the years. As a press release notes, "Not only did Lucio Fulci have an eye for dreamlike visuals, he had an ear for choosing amazing composers, managing to get some of their best work from them."
Included are snippets from Ennio Morricone's score to Lizard in a Woman's Skin, Fabio Frizzi's work on both The Beyond and Manhattan Baby, two cuts from Walter Rizzati's score for The House by the Cemetery, and parts of Franco De Masi's contributions to infamous video nasty The New York Ripper.
Mondo had issued the full score to The Beyond in 2012, while sister label Death Waltz had previously issued copies of Lizard in a Woman's Skin, The House by the Cemetery and The New York Ripper.
The Horror & Thriller collection also includes highlights from Giovanni Cristiani's score to Demonia, described as "dripping in synths and texture," and Franco Piana's '70s jazz-style Door to Silence. This marks the first time either of these works have been pressed onto vinyl.
As with other Mondo releases, the vinyl edition of Lucio Fulci's Horror & Thriller features exclusive artwork, which was supplied by Randy Ortiz. A thousand copies are being pressed onto red and yellow wax, while a standard black vinyl edition also goes up for sale tomorrow. You'll find more ordering info here.
Also, tomorrow Death Waltz will release Alexander Blonksteiner's score to Cannibal Apocalypse (a.k.a. Apocalypse Domani), as well as Black Channels' previously teased 10-inch under its Death Waltz Originals banner.
Lucio Fulci's Horror & Thriller:
Lizard in a Woman's Skin:
1. Ennio Morricone "La Lucertola"
2. Ennio Morricone "Sole Sulla Pelle"
3. Ennio Morricone "Magia Nera"
4. Ennio Morricone "Sfinge"
The New York Ripper:
5. Franco De Masi "Fay"
6. Franco De Masi "New York One More Day"
7. Franco De Masi "Suspance And Murder"
8. Franco De Masi "New York One More Day (Il Versione)"
9. Fabio Frizzi "Baby Sequence 1"
10. Fabio Frizzi "Baby Sequence 2"
11. Fabio Frizzi "Voci Dal Nulla"
12. Fabio Frizzi "Verso L'Ignoto"
13. Govanni Cristiani "Hell Flames"
14. Govanni Cristiani "The Nun Crypt"
15. Govanni Cristiani "The Blue Mountain"
16. Govanni Cristiani "The Revelation"
17. Govanni Cristiani "World's Navel"
18. Govanni Cristiani "Farewell to Dread"
The House by the Cemetery:
19. Walter Rizzati "Quella Villa"
20. Walter Rizzati "Tema Bambino"
Door to Silence:
21. Franco Piana "Melvin's Theme"
22. Franco Piana "Love and Death"
23. Franco Piana "Running"
24. Franco Piana "Unknown"
25. Franco Piana "Dark"
26. Franco Piana "Leave a Message"
27. Franco Piana "Bechet"
28. Franco Piana "Message"
29. Lucio Fulci "The Nun Crypt"