Lil Wayne Recovering In Hospital After Reportedly Suffering More Seizures

Lil Wayne Recovering In Hospital After Reportedly Suffering More Seizures
Lil Wayne is currently recovering in an L.A. hospital after reportedly suffering more seizures Friday (March 15) afternoon.

As previously reported, the rapper was brought to Cedars-Sinai hospital on Tuesday (March 12) after allegedly suffering a seizure at a video shoot, but was said to have gone home the next morning in good health. TMZ now reports that Lil Wayne was brought back to Cedars-Sinai shortly afterwards when bodyguards found him unconscious in his room.

Wayne was reportedly rushed to ICU, and placed in restraints because he was "shaking uncontrollably." It is also alleged that he was placed into an induced coma. TMZ said sources told them that the rapper's stomach was pumped over an alleged codeine binge.

While well-wishers took to Twitter this afternoon after TMZ posted that the rapper was being "read his last rites" and that his mother was flying out to see her son, rapper Mack Maine was quick to deny the reports.

"Wayne is alive and well! We watching the Syracuse game...thanks for the prayers and concern," he wrote, later adding, "We will be releasing an official statement shortly but don't believe the nonsense about comas and tubes to breathe...that's false!!" Later on, he tweeted a curt "#FUCKTMZ"

Wayne himself tweeted, "I'm good everybody. Thx for the prayers and love."

It's unclear when the official statement on Lil Wayne's health will be delivered, but L.A. Weekly reported that a member of the ailing MC's entourage saw him "sitting up, drinking water."