Published Mar 13, 2014Classic rock gods Led Zeppelin previously promised to reissue their first three albums in 2014, and now they've confirmed the details of those deluxe packages. They will arrive on June 3 through Atlantic/Swan Song.
Led Zeppelin (1969), Led Zeppelin II (1969) and Led Zeppelin III (1970) have all been remastered by guitarist Jimmy Page. They will all be available in various formats: single CD, deluxe two-CD package, single LP, deluxe vinyl with bonus materials, digital download, or box set.
The bonus audio content attached to each album is as follows: Led Zeppelin comes a live set from the same year the album was released, II is packaged with alternate mixes and an outtake called "La La," and III comes with some alternate takes and unheard cuts ("Jennings Farm Blues" is an instrumental version of "Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp," while "Bathroom Sound" is an instrumental version of "Out on the Tiles").
The box sets include the following items: the remastered album and extra content on both double-CD and double-vinyl, 70-page-plus hardbound book with photos and memorabilia, a high-quality print of the album cover, and, in the case of Led Zeppelin, a replica of the band's original press kit.
"The material on the companion discs presents a portal to the time of the recording of Led Zeppelin," Page said in a statement. "It is a selection of work in progress with rough mixes, backing tracks, alternate versions, and new material recorded at the time."
See the tracklists below and peruse the purchase options over at the band's website.
This is just the beginning of an extensive reissue campaign that will see Led Zep remaster and reissue all nine of their albums in expanded form.
1. Good Times Bad Times
2. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
3. You Shook Me
4. Dazed and Confused
5. Your Time Is Gonna Come
6. Black Mountain Side
7. Communication Breakdown
8. I Can't Quit You Baby
9. How Many More Times
Disc 2: Live At The Olympia - Paris, France, October 10, 1969:
1. Good Times Bad Times/Communication Breakdown
2. I Can't Quit You Baby
4. Dazed and Confused
5. White Summer/Black Mountain Side
6. You Shook Me
7. Moby Dick
8. How Many More Times
Led Zeppelin II:
1. Whole Lotta Love
2. What Is and What Should Never Be
3. The Lemon Song
4. Thank You
6. Living Loving Maid (She's Just a Woman)
7. Ramble On
8. Moby Dick
1. Whole Lotta Love (alternate mix)
2. What Is and What Should Never Be (alternate mix)
3. Thank You (backing track)
4. Heartbreaker (alternate mix)
5. Living Loving Maid (She's Just a Woman) (backing track)
6. Ramble On (alternate mix)
7. Moby Dick (alternate mix)
8. La La (previously unreleased)
Led Zeppelin III:
1. Immigrant Song
3. Celebration Day
4. Since I've Been Loving You
5. Out on the Tiles
6. Gallows Pole
8. That's the Way
9. Bron-Y-Aur Stomp
10. Hats Off to (Roy) Harper
1. The Immigrant Song (studio outtake)
2. Friends (studio outtake)
3. Celebration Day (studio outtake)
4. Since I've Been Loving You (studio outtake)
5. Bathroom Sound (previously unreleased instrumental version of "Out on the Tiles")
6. Gallows Pole (studio outtake)
7. That's the Way (studio outtake)
8. Jennings Farm Blues (previously unreleased instrumental forerunner to "Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp")
9. Keys to the Highway/Trouble in Mind (previously unreleased rendition of blues standards)