Published Oct 24, 2008Following up on the Mercury Prize-nominated The Age of Understatement, the Last Shadow Puppets are digging into their B-sides and pulling them together on a new North American exclusive. On November 4, Domino USA will drop the My Mistakes Were Made for You EP, an eight-song digital offering by the Final Fantasy-enhanced duo that gathers up several live cuts, alternate takes, covers and a new guest star: the Kills Alison Mosshart.
On the EP, which collects several UK-only vinyl B-sides, label-mate Mosshart joins Puppets Alex Turner and Miles Kane for a live reworking of Lee Hazlewood and Nancy Sinatras "Paris Summer, which was recorded live a little while back in Paris. Also on the covers front, Tuner and Kane follow in Loves footsteps and take on Burt Bacharach's "My Little Red Book, filling out the rest of the EPs tracks mostly with stripped-down acoustic version of album tracks.
In other Turner news, his day job, Arctic Monkeys, recently told NME that they will be recording with Josh Homme. However, the band said they were unsure whether their entire follow-up to Favourite Worst Nightmare would be recorded by the Queens of the Stone Age member.
Here is the tracklisting for the Last Shadow Puppets My Mistakes Were Made for You:
1. "My Mistakes Were Made for You
2. "Separate and Ever Deadly (live from New Theatre, Oxford)
3. "Paris Summer (live from the Olympia, Paris) [ft. Alison Mosshart of the Kills]
4. "My Little Red Book (live from New Theatre, Oxford)
5. "The Age of the Understatement (acoustic)
6. "Standing Next to Me (acoustic)
7. "The Meeting Place (acoustic)
8. "My Mistakes Were Made for You (acoustic)
The Last Shadow Puppets "My Mistakes Were Made for You