Montreal-based drone master Kyle Bobby Dunn brought his A-game to 2012's Bring Me the Head of Kyle Bobby Dunn, but his next project looks to be his most ambitious — and hilarious — yet.
After sharing the bizarrely titled "Boring Foothills of Foot Fetishville," Dunn has let loose details of his next full-length. In keeping with the funny titles, the new release sees our boy channel his inner Corgan, calling it Kyle Bobby Dunn & the Infinite Sadness.
Other song titles include "An Excrement Suite (for Voices Lost Again)," "Variations on a Theme by St-Dipshit" and "Duck Faced Fantasy."
It's not all giggle-inducing poop jokes, however. A press release promises that Infinite Sadness is "undoubtedly his most focused and emotionally charged album to date, a rich, expansive collection of slowly unfurling beauty that stretches out over the course of more than two hours."
Further, we're told that Dunn's trademark guitar swells and slow-moving loops are in full effect, "but feel clearer and with a renewed sense of purpose and poise." Dunn himself also adds, "It will be my most ambitious, emotionally retarded and possibly last musical offering for the world of increased digitalization and YouTube madness but a fine album indeed."
Kyle Bobby Dunn & the Infinite Sadness will be available in April as a triple vinyl LP, double CD or digital download via Students of Decay. The album's tracklisting is available below along with a stream of "Boring Foothills of Foot Fetishville." That's the cover art above.
Kyle Bobby Dunn & the Infinite Sadness:
1. Ouverture de Peter Hodge Transport
2. An Excrement Suite (for Voices Lost Again)
3. Boring Foothills of Foot Fetishville
4. Variations on a Theme by St-Dipshit
5. Rue de Guy-Mathieu
6. Saison Triste on Lac of Baies
7. Mon Retard
8. Confessions of the Mildly Miserable
9. La Failure et La Chance
10. Where Circles Never Become Circles
11. Duck Faced Fantasy
12. Macleod (And the Victims of Deception)
13. Spem in Alium & Her Unable
14. Ghostkeeping Verses I-IV
15. Powers of None
16. The Same (Drunk in Quebec & In Love Club Remix)
17. Ontop of Timeless Hour
18. Those Satisfactions are Permanent
19. And the Day is Dunn (And I Can Only Think of You)