Published May 20, 2014In order to bring fresh sounds on tour, like during last month's well-received Toronto stop, Swedish electronic experimenters the Knife reinterpreted their own material. Now, those new versions of their songs will be released on a new mini-album.
Simply called Shaken-Up Versions, the new release features reinterpretations of some of the band's most famous material, including songs like "Silent Shout" and "We Share Our Mother's Health," as well as some of their earliest output. It's a broad picture of the band spread across a mere eight tracks.
To get a taste of the new "shaken-up" versions, the band have shared a new video for their rework of "Without You My Life Would Be Boring." The video features a dance party in a hospital waiting room and was directed by Bitte Andersson.
Mute will release Shaken-Up Versions digitally on June 16, with a CD and vinyl version expected to arrive later this year. You can pre-order the release here.
1. We Share Our Mothers Health (Shaken-Up Version)
2. Got 2 Let U (Shaken Up Version)
3. Bird (Shaken-Up Version)
4. Without You My Life Would Be Boring (Shaken-Up Version)
5. Pass This On (Shaken-Up Version)
6. Ready To Lose (Shaken-Up Version)
7. tay Out Here (Shaken-Up Version)
8. Silent Shout (Shaken-Up Version)