Published Sep 22, 2010Already this week we've been promised one excellent tribute album; now, a group of indie-rockers have stepped up their game to announce an awesome homage of their own. Celebrating one of the most iconic artists of our time, the aptly named Reimagine Music has revealed it will release the digital-only compilation Subterranean Home Sick Blues: A Tribute to Bob Dylan's Bringing It All Back Home.
The online collection, due October 5, is a complete re-envisioning of Dylan's classic 1965 album (including out-takes), a masterful transition from his early folk years to his then-developing rock sound.
While tracks like "Subterranean Home Sick Blues," "Maggie's Farm" and "Mr. Tambourine Man" have been covered countless times over the years, current indie darlings have gone ahead and put their own indelible stamps on these timeless tunes. The list of artists includes Fleet Foxes drummer J. Tillman, the Morning Benders, Julie Doiron, Asobi Seksu, Mirah and Peter Bjorn and John's Peter Morén.
Subterranean Home Sick Blues: A Tribute to Bob Dylan's Bringing It All Back Home:
1. Peter Morén - "Subterranean Homesick Blues"
2. Ane Brun - "You Belong to Me"
3. Castanets - "Maggie's Farm"
4. Mirah - "Love Minus Zero"
5. The Morning Benders - "Outlaw Blues"
6. Julie Doiron - "On the Road Again"
7. Asobi Seksu - "Bob Dylan's 115th Dream"
8. Helio Sequence - "Mr. Tambourine Man"
9. DM Stith - "Gates of Eden"
10. Franz Nicolay - "It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)"
11. Sholi - "It's All Over Now, Baby Blue"
12. J. Tillman - "If You Gotta Go, Go Now"
13. Sea Wolf - "Sitting on a Barbed Wire Fence"
14. Denison Witmer - "I'll Keep It With Mine"
15. Laura Veirs - "Mama, You've Been on My Mind"
16. William Fitzsimmons - "Farewell Angelina"