John Frusciante Granted Restraining Order Against Alleged Stalker

John Frusciante Granted Restraining Order Against Alleged Stalker
John Frusciante is most likely breathing a sigh of relief after a judge granted him a restraining order against an alleged stalker earlier this week.

While his ex-Red Hot Chili Peppers bandmates have been living it up this month promoting their latest disc I'm With You, Frusciante had been focused on how to avoid any contact with August Elizabeth Thomas, a 32-year-old woman who had supposedly been harassing the musician.

"I am worried that she is unstable and that she could snap at any moment," said Frusciante after filing for the restraining order earlier this month. He explained that the woman had been emailing him "long, rambling and overly emotional" letters, which were said to be written while drunk, and allegedly stalking the guitarist and his wife. Thomas was apparently attempting to write a screenplay about the star as well.

While Frusciante explained that he feared for his safety and his wife's, he can rest a little easier now, as a judge ruled on Wednesday (August 24) that Thomas must remain at least 100 yards away from the musician for the next two years, reports TMZ. We're sure it's, uh, "breaking the girl."