Published Oct 10, 2019This week, Metallica launched a countdown clock, and now the mystery has been revealed. The band will be headlining a series of U.S. festivals next year, playing two separate headlining sets at each.
All five are Danny Wimmer Presents' festivals, including Epicenter, Welcome to Rockville, Sonic Temple Art + Music Festival, Louder Than Life, and Aftershock. For those two sets at each festival, Metallica promise to deliver a unique setlist for each performance, making for 10 entirely different concert experiences in 2020.
"You know we love a challenge, so when Danny Wimmer Presents invited us to headline all five of their spring/fall U.S. rock festivals, that sounded like great fun," Metallica said in a statement. "But play two separate sets on two nights in the same weekend? Definitely count us in! In another Metallica first, we'll be playing at all five of the Wimmer rock festivals in 2020 with two separate sets, one on Friday night, one on Sunday night."
The festival details are as follows:
● 05/01-3 Epicenter @ Charlotte Motor Speedway in Charlotte, NC
● 05/8-10 Welcome to Rockville @ Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, FL
● 05/15-17 Sonic Temple Art + Music Festival @ MAPFRE Stadium in Columbus, OH
● 09/18-20 Louder Than Life @ Highland Festival Grounds at KY Expo Center in Louisville, KY
● 10/09-11 Aftershock @ Discovery Park in Sacramento, CA
Tickets for all of the events will go on sale today at 3 p.m. EDT for fan club members and past purchasers of tickets for Danny Wimmer Presents events. General sales start Monday (October 14) at 12 noon EDT.