Published Feb 26, 2020METZ are back this morning — not with a new album announcement but a song. And it's actually a cover of the Cramps.
The Toronto band have unloaded their take on the Cramps' "Call of the Wighat," and right now, you can hear their cover for yourself below. For comparison's sake, there's also the original Cramps version down below as well.
METZ's cover comes as part of the upcoming Cramps comp being put together by the label Three One G, which has given it the title Really Bad Music for Really Bad People: The Cramps As Heard Through the Meat Grinder of Three One G.
Other artists on the compilation include Chelsea Wolfe, Daughters, Child Bite, Zeus with Mike Patton and more.
Really Bad Music for Really Bad People: The Cramps As Heard Through the Meat Grinder of Three One G arrives on May 1 via Three One G. You can pre-order the album now.
METZ most recent album was 2019's Automat comp.
Really Bad Music for Really Bad People: The Cramps As Heard Through the Meat Grinder of Three One G:
1. Child Bite – "TV Set"
2. Metz – "Call Of The Wighat"
3. Secret Fun Club – "I Was A Teenage Werewolf" (ft. Carrie Gillespie Feller)
4. Chelsea Wolfe – "Sheena's In A Goth Gang"
5. Sonido de la Frontera – "Zombie Dance"
6. Qui – "New Kind Of Kick"
7. Zeus – "Human Fly" (ft. Mike Patton)
8. Retox – "Garbageman"
9. Magic Witch Cookbook – "People Ain't No Good"
10. Microwaves – "Don't Eat Stuff On The Sidewalk"
11. Daughters – "What's Inside A Girl"
12. Panicker – "I'm Cramped"