Published Dec 04, 2014Nguzunguzu members Daniel Pineda and Asma Maroof have joined forced with Fatima Al Qadiri and J-Cush to form a new production collective called Future Brown. The group have already completed a self-titled debut album, which will arrive via Warp Records early next year.
A press release clarifies that the group is a "collective that draws on digital interconnectivity, global travels and a vital worldwide artistic community for inspiration," adding that their aesthetic pulls on everything from "U.S. regional rap mutations to UK grime, dancehall to reggaeton."
Last month, Future Brown released "Wanna Party," a collaborative effort with rising rapper Tink. She also appears on album opener "Room 302," while the LP's stacked guestlist also includes Sicko Mobb, Timberlee, Maluca, Kelela, Riko Dan, 3D Na'Tee and many others.
Future Brown will arrive on February 24. Below, listen to the album's "Talkin Bandz," featuring Shawnna and DJ Victoriouz, complete with hypnotic footage of a soaking wet basketball.
1. Room 302 (ft. Tink)
2. Talkin Bandz (ft. Shawnna and DJ Victoriouz)
3. Big Homie (ft. Sicko Mobb)
4. No Apology (ft. Timberlee)
5. Vernáculo (ft. Maluca)
6. Dangerzone (ft. Kelela and Ian Isiah)
7. Speng (ft. Riko Dan)
8. Killing Time (ft. Johnny May Cash YB and King Rell)
9. MVP (ft. 3D Na'Tee and Tim Vocals)
10. Asbestos (ft. Roachee, Prince Rapid and Dirty Danger)
11. Wanna Party (ft. Tink)