Published Nov 21, 2008Back in 2007, Engine Room Recordings released Guilt By Association, a compilation featuring indie rockers like Devendra Banhardt, Will Oldham and many others covering "guilty pleasure pop songs, from Fall Out Boy to Mariah Carey. Come this spring, the label will release a sequel.
Guilt By Association Volume Two is set to feature 14 tracks of guilt-ridden covers like Matt Pond PA doing My Chemical Romance and Frightened Rabbit tackling N-Trance. Even Katy Perry gets covered, which makes sense since "Kissed a Girl is sure to be a guilty pleasure by the albums February 17 release date.
If you cant wait that long for a physical copy, the album is now streaming here, and can be purchased from iTunes. Nothing like doing guilt digitally.
Guilt By Association Volume Two tracklisting:
1. My Brightest Diamond "Tainted Love" (Gloria Jones/Soft Cell)
2. The Bloodsugars "Self-Control" (Laura Branigan)
3. Robbers on High Street "Cool It Now" (New Edition)
4. Frightened Rabbit "Set You Free" (N-Trance)
5. Matt Pond PA "I'm Not Okay" (My Chemical Romance)
6. Takka Takka "In the Air Tonight" (Phil Collins)
7. Kaki King "I Think She Knows" (Justin Timberlake)
8. Francis and the Lights "Can't Tell Me Nothing" (Kanye West)
9. Lowry "Africa" (Toto)
10. The Forms "We Didn't Start the Fire" (Billy Joel)
11. Rafter "If You Leave" (OMD)
12. Cassettes Won't Listen "Need You Tonight" (INXS)
13. Jukebox the Ghost "It's a Beautiful Life" (Ace of Base)
14. Max Vernon "I Kissed a Girl" (Katy Perry)
15. The Bloodsugars "Lady in Red" (Chris de Burgh)*
* iTunes only
N-Trance "Set You Free