Published Oct 03, 2014British folk-punk Frank Turner has announced that he'll be releasing a new compilation of rarities and B-sides titled The Third Three Years, due out on November 25.
The collection logically follows The First Three Years and The Second Three Years, which all deliver demos, live renditions and acoustic versions of three year periods in the singer's career. The latest one will tackle the era that saw the release of 2013's Tape Deck Heart and its follow-up EP Polaroid Picture, as well as a stint performing at the London 2012 Olympic Games opening ceremonies.
In addition to reworked versions of his own songs, The Third Three Years will feature Turner covering tunes by artists like Queen, Tom Petty, Townes Van Zandt, Paul McCartney, Tony Sly, Bruce Springsteen and his Canadian favourites the Weakerthans.
There are even a few nods to Minnesota, with a live version of "The Ballad of Me and My Friends" from the Twin Cities and a track featuring the Hold Steady's former keyboardist Franz Nicolay.
Check out the full tracklisting below and scroll past that to hear the piano version of "The Way I Tend to Be" from the forthcoming compilation.
The Third Three Years:
1. Somebody to Love (Queen cover)
2. Hits & Mrs
3. Sweet Albion Blues
4. Riot Song
5. Something of Freedom (demo)
6. Fields of June (w/ Emily Barker/Red Clay Halo)
7. Happy New Year (w/ Jon Snodgrass)
8. American Girl (Tom Petty cover - home demo)
9. There Are Bad Times Just Around the Corner (Noel Coward cover w/ Franz Nicolay)
10. Pancho & Lefty (Townes Van Zandt cover w/ Jim Eno)
11. Big Foot (The Weakerthans cover - home demo)
12. Live and Let Die (Paul McCartney/Wings cover)
13. The Corner (Cory Branan cover)
14. Keira (Tony Sly cover)
15. Plain Sailing Weather
16. Tell Tale Signs
17. The Way I Tend to Be
18. The Ballad of Me and My Friends (live from Twin Cities, Minnesota)
19. Broken Piano (home demo)
20. Born to Run (Bruce Springsteen cover)
21. Dan's Song (live)