Published Jun 03, 2016Movie music mastermind Ennio Morricone is currently recovering from some medical issues, but that hasn't slowed the 87-year-old composer down. He recently revealed plans to score a Holocaust biopic titled A Rose in Winter, and on top of that, he's now announced a greatest-hits compilation.
The career-spanning album has been dubbed Morricone 60, and it's due out on October 7 through Decca Records.
Celebrating 60 years of the musician's professional life, the 18-song set includes Morricone's work from films like The Good the Bad and the Ugly, Once Upon a Time in the West, The Mission and last year's Oscar-winning The Hateful Eight.
In addition to celebrating Morricone's acclaimed film scores, the forthcoming release also features brand new recordings with the Czech National Symphony Orchestra.
"After the success of The Hateful Eight score, I'm delighted to be returning to Decca with my own record deal — an extraordinary moment in my 60th professional anniversary year," Morricone said in a statement. "It's been a wonderful experience to be able to conduct my scores and to record these with the Czech National Symphony Orchestra. The quality of their performance of my work is truly outstanding."
You can see the full tracklisting for the upcoming release below. Before it arrives, be sure to brush up on the composer's back catalogue by perusing our Essential Guide to Ennio Morricone.
1. The Man with the Harmonica (from Once Upon a Time in the West)
2. The Fortress (from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)
3. The Good the Bad and the Ugly – Main theme (from The Good the Bad and the Ugly)
4. Jill's Theme (from Once Upon a Time in the West)
5. A Fistful of Dynamite (from A Fist Full of Dynamite)
6. The Ecstasy of Gold (from The Good the Bad and the Ugly)
7. Gabriel's Oboe (from The Mission)
8. Falls (from The Mission)
9. On Earth as it is in Heaven (from The Mission)
10. Nuovo Cinema Paradiso
11. Abolisson (from Quemada)
12. Chi Mai
14. Metti una Sera a Cena (from Metti una Sera a Cena)
15. Croce d'Amore (from Metti una Sera a Cena)
16. Deborah's Theme (from Once Upon a Time in America)
17. Stage Coach to Red Rock (from The Hateful Eight)
18. Bestiality (from The Hateful Eight)