Published Aug 23, 2011If you've still been wondering when DJ Shadow would be dropping his The Less You Know, the Better LP, the turntablist has finally set a date for his long-in-the-works album. The record is due September 27 via Verve.
UPDATE: The album is now due out on October 4.
The Less You Know, the Better marks DJ Shadow's fourth proper album and first studio effort since 2006's The Outsider. We've already heard several tracks from the album, whose tracklist is below, and we now know the record will feature such guests as Talib Kweli, De La Soul's Posdnuos, Little Dragon's Yukimi Nagano, Afrikan Boy and Tom Vek.
In fact, over at Some Kind of Awesome, you can listen to the new track "Stay the Course," which comes equipped with contributions from Posdnuos and Kweli.
That's of course the album cover above.
The Less You Know, the Better:
1. "Back to Front (Circular Logic)"
2. "Border Crossing"
3. "Stay the Course" (ft. Posdnuos of De La Soul & Talib Kweli)
4. "I've Been Trying"
5. "Sad and Lonely"
6. "Warning Call" (ft. Tom Vek)
8. "Enemy Lines"
9. "Going Nowhere"
11. "Run For Your Life"
12. "Give Me Back the Nights"
13. "I'm Excited" (ft. Afrikan Boy)
14. "I Gotta Rokk"
15. "Scale It Back" (ft. Yukimi Nagano of Little Dragon)
16. "Circular Logic (Front To Back)"
17. "(Not So) Sad and Lonely"
DJ Shadow ft Afrikan Boy - I'm Excited by Island Records UK