Published Aug 04, 2015With 74-year-old pop singer Darlene Love's career on the upswing in recent years, we already knew that the iconic vocalist would be teaming up with some big-name talents for Introducing Darlene Love. Now, the details of this LP have been confirmed.
Introducing will be out on September 18 through Wicked Cool/Columbia Records. It was produced by E Street Band guitarist Stevie Van Zandt. While we already knew that the record would include contributions from big names like Bruce Springsteen and Elvis Costello, what we didn't know is that they actually penned original tunes just for the project.
See the tracklist below. Some of the songs are originals (including both Springsteen cuts and Costello's "Forbidden Nights") while others are new renditions of old tunes (including Costello's "Still Too Soon to Know" and Joan Jett and the Blackhearts' "Little Liar"). According to a press release, "Van Zandt creates a compelling production aesthetic on Introducing Darlene Love, echoing the classic recording style of many early '60s pop standards."
Scroll past the tracklist below to hear the twinkling Costello-penned belter "Forbidden Nights."
Introducing Darlene Love:
1. Among the Believers (Stevie Van Zandt)
2. Forbidden Nights (Elvis Costello)
3. Love Kept Us Foolin' Around (Linda Perry)
4. Little Liar (Desmond Child/Joan Jett)
5. Still Too Soon to Know (Elvis Costello)
6. Who Under Heaven (Jimmy Webb)
7. Night Closing In (Bruce Springsteen)
8. Painkiller (Michael Des Barres/Paul Ill)
9. Just Another Lonely Mile (Bruce Springsteen)
10. Last Time (Stevie Van Zandt)
11. River Deep, Mountain High (Phil Spector/Jeff Barry/Ellie Greenwich)
12. Sweet Freedom (Barry Mann/Cynthia Weil)
13. Marvelous (Walter Hawkins)
14. Jesus Is the Rock (That Keeps Me Rollin) (Stevie Van Zandt)