Published Sep 19, 2007Proving it's much more than a spoof mag (who knew?), though it can never deny its inferiority to MAD in the spoof mag industry, Cracked Magazine has compiled a list of what it feels are the 20 worst album titles of all time. Following up past best/worst lists like "The 25 Worst Rapper Names of All Time" (Winner: Shorty Shitstain), "The Five Most Unintentionally Funny Albums of 2006" (Winner: Dragon Force's Inhuman Rampage) and my personal favourite, "The 15 Best Songs That Are Totally About Masturbation" (Winner: Elvis Costello's "Pump It Up"), the writers somehow got confused adding John Oates's titular classic Phunk Shui into the mix. Nobody's perfect, I guess.
Here is the complete list:
20. C-Murder The Truest Shit I Ever Said
19. Fall Out Boy Fall Out Boy's Evening Out with Your Girlfriend
18. The Kinks The Kinks are the Village Green Preservation Society
17. Madonna/311 Music
16. Fiona Apple When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks Like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing 'Fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You'll Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You Know That You're Right
15. Toby Keith Shock'n Y'all
14. Kansas Point of Know Return
13. Keith Murray Rap-Murr-Phobia (The Fear Of Real Hip-Hop)
12. Squeeze Cosi Fan Tutti Frutti
11. Elton John Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy
10. The Butthole Surfers Hairway to Steven
9. Cher Not.Com.mercial
8. Deep Purple Purpendicular
7. Salt-n-Pepa A Salt With a Deadly Pepa
6. Mustard Plug Skapocalypse Now!
5. Public Enemy How You Sell Soul To A Soulless People Who Sold Their Soul?
4. Genesis From Genesis to Revelation
3. John Oates Phunk Shui
2. R. Kelly Chocolate Factory
1. Limp Bizkit Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavored Water