Published Oct 27, 2014Inside Llewyn Davis told the story of a struggling folksinger in the early '60s, and prior to the film's release last year, some big-name stars gathered for a concert inspired by the flick. Now, that concert is being documented with a live album. Another Day, Another Time: Celebrating the Music of "Inside Llewyn Davis" is due out on January 13 through Nonesuch Records.
Among the artists featured here are Jack White, Elvis Costello, Conor Oberst, the Milk Carton Kids, the Avett Brothers, Marcus Mumford, Colin Meloy (of the Decemberists), Gillian Welch, Joan Baez and film star Oscar Isaac. Some of the performers play multiple songs.
The album is split across two CDs (with 34 tracks) or three LPs (with 30 tracks). It's also available digitally. See the tracklist below. The first 200 copies pre-ordered from Nonesuch will get a limited-edition silkscreen poster from the show.
Soundtrack producer T Bone Burnett said in a statement:
Inside Llewyn Davis was filled with live performances of some of the folk songs that had survived the McCarthy hearings. Some of the songs were a hundred years old; some had just been written but sounded a hundred years old. In order to get attention for a film that was not exactly on the beat we decided to throw a concert featuring the actors and musicians who had performed in the movie and on the soundtrack. We also invited members of the extraordinary community of musicians who have coalesced around this old music — and have kept it alive in the wake of the most recent technological revolution — to join us that night. We asked them to perform an old song and one of their new songs.
The concert previously was shown as a truncated documentary on Showtime.
Another Day, Another Time: Celebrating the Music of "Inside Llewyn Davis":
1. Punch Brothers - "Tumbling Tumbleweed"
2. Punch Brothers - "Rye Whiskey"
3. Gillian Welch - "Will the Circle Be Unbroken?"
4. Gillian Welch & David Rawlings - "The Way It Goes"
5. Willie Watson - "The Midnight Special"
6. Dave Rawlings Machine - "I Hear Them All/This Land Is Your Land"
7. The Milk Carton Kids - "New York"
8. Secret Sisters - "Tomorrow Will Be Kinder"
9. Lake Street Dive - "You Go Down Smooth"
10. Elvis Costello, Oscar Isaac, and Adam Driver - "Please Mr. Kennedy"
11. Conor Oberst - "Four Strong Winds"
12. Conor Oberst - "Man Named Truth"
13. Colin Meloy - "Blues Run the Game"
14. Joan Baez, Colin Meloy, and Gillian Welch - "Joe Hill"
15. The Avett Brothers - "All My Mistakes"
16. The Avett Brothers - "That's How I Got to Memphis"
17. The Avett Brothers - "Head Full of Doubt/Road Full of Promise"
1. Jack White - "Mama's Angel Child"
2. Jack White - "Did You Hear John Hurt?"
3. Jack White - "We're Going to Be Friends"
4. Rhiannon Giddens - "Waterboy"
5. Rhiannon Giddens - "'S iomadh rud tha dhith orm/Ciamar a ni mi 'n dannsa direach"
6. Oscar Isaac - "Hang Me, Oh Hang Me"
7. Oscar Isaac - "Green, Green Rocky Road"
8. Keb' Mo' - "Tomorrow Is a Long Time"
9. Bob Neuwirth - "Rock Salt and Nails"
10. Chris Thile, Chris Eldridge, Paul Kowert, Marcus Mumford, Noam Pikelny, and Gabe Witcher - "The Auld Triangle"
11. Gillian Welch, Rhiannon Giddens, and Carey Mulligan - "Didn't Leave Nobody But the Baby"
12. Elvis Costello and Joan Baez - "Which Side Are You On?"
13. Joan Baez - "House of the Rising Sun"
14. Marcus Mumford and Joan Baez - "Give Me Cornbread When I'm Hungry"
15. Marcus Mumford - "I Was Young When I Left Home"
16. Oscar Isaac and Marcus Mumford - "Fare Thee Well (Dink's Song)"
17. Marcus Mumford and the Punch Brothers - "Farewell"