Published Jan 10, 2013Former Pop Will Eat Itself member Clint Mansell's soundtrack work looks to be keeping him as busy as ever. We recently learned that he will be scoring the upcoming comedic thriller Filth and Darren Aronofsky's Noah, and now details have emerged regarding his soundtrack for the horror film Stoker.
The film comes out on March 1 through Fox Searchlight Pictures. A few days before then, on February 26, Milan Records will release Stoker: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. The bulk of the score comes from Mansell, but there's also an original piano piece by celebrated composer Philip Glass, a single from Emily Wells (hear that below), a contribution by vocalist Viorica Cortez, and a classic track from Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazelwood.
Directed by Korean cinematic hero Chan-wook Park (Oldboy, Thirst), Stoker stars Mia Wasikowska and Nicole Kidman, featuring a story about a woman who becomes infatuated with her mysterious uncle following the death of her father.
Mansell and his nine-piece band will perform selections from his Stoker score (plus other works) at a few select dates in L.A. and New York. See the schedule below the tracklist.
Stoker: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack:
1. "I'm Not Formed By Things That Are of Myself Alone" (dialogue)
2. Emily Wells - "Becomes the Color"
3. Clint Mansell - "Happy Birthday (A Death in the Family)"
4. Clint Mansell - "Uncle Charlie"
5. "A Whistling Tune from a Lonely Man" (dialogue)
6. Clint Mansell - "The Hunter & the Game"
7. Clint Mansell - "Blossoming"
8. Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazelwood - "Summer Wine"
9. Clint Mansell - "A Family Affair"
10. Clint Mansell - "Becoming..."
11. Philip Glass - "Duet"
12. Clint Mansell - "Crawford Institute (Family Secrets)"
13. Viorica Cortez - "Stride La Vampa" (Verdi)
14. Clint Mansell - "The Hunter Plays the Game"
15. Clint Mansell - "In Full Bloom"
16 Clint Mansell - "The Hunter Becomes The Game"
17. Clint Mansell - "We Are Not Responsible For Who We Come to Be (Free)"
18. Clint Mansell & Emily Wells - "If I Ever Had a Heart" (bonus track)
4/3 New York, NY - Church of Saint Paul the Apostle
4/4 New York, NY - Church of Saint Paul the Apostle
4/5 Los Angeles, CA - The Orpheum